Facts about Tokyo
Interesting Facts about Tokyo
|Came in existence
|Previous name any
|Area in KM
||2,187.66 km2 (844.66 sq mi)
|Area in miles
||377,923.1 km2 (145,916.9 sq mi),
||6,038 persons per square kilometer,
||35.6833° N, 139.6833° E
|Name of Monuments
||Mount Fuji and Mount Tsukuba.
|Places to Visit
||Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden,Meiji Jingu,Asakusa,Senso-ji Temple,Tokyo Metro,Ueno Park,Ginza,Tokyo National Museum
|Zip Code Start
||Bus, Train, Taxi, Metro, Air plane
||Mount Jinba, Mount Kumotori, Mount Mihara, Mount Mitake (Tokyo), Mount Suribachi, Mount Takao
||Narita International Airport,
Historical Facts about Tokyo
Basically Tokiyo was a small village, where people do fishing for their livilyhood, at that time Edo was the name of this village, in 1457 Edo Castle made by Ota Dokan, and in 1560 Edo become base office of Tokugawa Ieyasu, in later years 1603 when Tokugawa Ieyasu become the shogun he made this Edo village as center office of his nationwide military government.
Unknown Facts about Tokyo
- In the Year 1923, an earthquake destroyed near about half of Tokyo.
- Tokiyo was a fishing village, people do for their livilyhood.
- In Year 1560 Edo become base office of Tokugawa Ieyasu.
- During world war 2 more than 2,000 tons of incendiary bombs were dropped over
- okyo in just 48 hours.
- Metro system of Tokyo opened in year 1927, now it is world’s busiest metro system.
- Akihito, the reigning emperor never served in the Japanese military.
- Tokyo is the home of more than 35 million people.